Requirement for Tax-Exempt Status
Use of the Virtual Baby Bottle Name
- You can continue to use the name with a separate licensing agreement and an annual fee of $378.00 payable to MBD. The annual fee also allows use of the VBB video.
Payment of MBD/VBBD Fee(s)
- $99 Set Up Fee
- $29.00 Month for the Marketing Portal and Resources
Use of the Virtual Baby Bottle Logo
- The Virtual Baby Bottle Drive logo can be used without modification. You may not skew, modify, edit, or update the logo in any way without permission. Organizations are encouraged to display their participation in the program, however we ask that you do not suggest that Mission By Design, the Virtual Baby Bottle Drive, or RoundIt endorse or have a formal partnership with your organization. The latest logo can be found in the marketing portal.
Organization’s Webpage for VBBB
Organizations are encouraged to have a webpage dedicated to their Virtual Baby Bottle Drive/ Campaign/ Program/ Fundraiser.
The webpage should have a custom URL that will be used in funding efforts. As an example:
- Organization.org/VBBD (or VBBC, VBBP, VBBF, etc.)
This webpage should be maintained and up to date with the following minimum requirements:
- A paragraph outlining what the fundraising platform is and how it works
- A link to the sign-up page
- At least one image
- Contact info for your program’s coordinator
Webpages are encouraged to have to following elements as they are proven to increase conversion rates, but they are not required:
- Example of the Virtual Baby Bottle fundraising solution in action (three or four stages)
- Everyday purchase
- Rounded up amount
- Change donated
- Direct impact on babies
- Actual images from the organization
- VBB Licensed video and/or testimonials
- FAQs or Help Section
- A “why” section outlining the use of the funds and their impact on life
- An actual ask, appeal, or call to action
- Written testimonials
- All organizations should be ready to promote and market their program for a 12-month period. The marketing requirement is that organizations commit to ongoing efforts to promote the program and is defined as a minimum of 5 touchpoints per quarter. The marketing plan document outlines the options for the five touchpoints. Organizations simply complete the marketing plan document quarterly or annually to meet this requirement.
- Organizations that use the VBBD product promise to put babies first. VBBD and MBD do not have a religious affiliation, but we do limit the work of the brand to baby-loving organizations putting their efforts towards respecting the dignity and value of every life. While organizations do not have to be overtly pro-life, they must be focused on helping women and children and be operating in a position that is encouraging people to make choices away from abortion and contraceptives and towards life-saving, life-encouraging, adoption-minded, etc. solutions. If VBBD feels that organizations are not promoting the dignity of babies or encouraging parenthood and are rather operating from a philosophic standpoint that is contrary to the promise to put babies first, we maintain the right to terminate use of the technology, revoke permission to use the VBBD name and brand, and refuse to issue a refund for any amount paid. We have not had to do this before and we hope to never need to, but this ability is maintained as it is critical to the VBBD brand.
Reasons for Termination
- VBBD was established to help small to mid-sized organizations and it is not the intention of the company to revoke permission to use the name or brand. In most cases VBBD will warn the organization of the issue and give the organization the opportunity to make adjustments before revoking permission, but maintains its right to revoke access to anyone at any time with or without cause.
Organizations can be revoked permission to use the VBBD name and brand for cause under any of the following conditions:
- Failure to pay initial or ongoing fees to VBBD, MBD or our third party affiliations.
- A change in the organization’s mission away from a baby-centric message.
- An inability for VBBD or MBD to contact the organization.
MBD will refund the $99 setup fee under the following circumstances:
- You do not recoup $99 of spare change within the first 12-month period.
- You engage and participate in all the recommended 12-month marketing and touchpoints program.
- You can supply copies and documentation of all completed marketing and touchpoints.
- NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
Third Party Performance
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Orange County, California. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.